YouTube has lots of free videos to support adult students learning English. Among them are some that have instructions and explanations in Spanish, which greatly appeal to some students. If you are unsure of the meaning of the Spanish titles, copy them and plug them into Google Translate. An advantage of YouTube videos is that they can be played on a cell phone by students that do not have reliable computer access. Here are some examples:
- EL ALFABETO EN INGLÉS CON SU PRONUNCIACIÓN (The Alphabet in English with Pronunciation) This instructor teaches the American alphabet using the song we all learned in kindergarten!
- 20 ADJETIVOS en inglés (y cómo USARLOS en una oración) (20 Adjectives in English and how to use them in a sentence) This is one of many excellent lessons from "inglesamericano101." The teacher speaks in Spanish when explaining the lesson, then models the English with good pronunciation. Browse his channel to find other gems, including:
- ¡20 ERRORES MORTALES DE PRONUCIACION EN INGLES! (20 Mortal Errors of Pronunciation in English!) For example, "beach vs. bitch" can make a huge difference in conversation.
- ¡Aprenda la tonalidad, acento y la melodia del Inglés Estadounidense! (Learn the tone, accent and melody of American English)
- ESL for Spanish Speakers - Video 1 - Saludos y Adioses (Hellos and Goodbyes)